Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 12% lower against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on April 2nd. In the last seven days, Monero has traded up 15.4% against the US dollar. One Monero coin can currently be bought for $259.69 or 0.02837700 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Qryptos, Mercatox, LiteBit.eu and Exmo. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.15 billion and approximately $164.51 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0051 or 0.00000056 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 12.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0125 or 0.00000136 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 19.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.76 or 0.00019266 BTC.
- Interplanetary Broadcast Coin (IPBC) traded down 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00003497 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00011800 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 11.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.83 or 0.00019992 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 21.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.67 or 0.00007369 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0054 or 0.00000059 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded up 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0416 or 0.00000455 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded 17.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0293 or 0.00000320 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ring Signature The Basics In cryptography, a ring signature is a type of digital signature that can be performed by any member of a group of users that each have keys. Therefore, a message signed with a ring signature is endorsed by someone in a particular group of people. One of the security properties of a ring signature is that it should be computationally infeasible to determine which of the group members' keys was used to produce the signature. For instance, a ring signature could be used to provide an anonymous signature from “a high-ranking White House official”, without revealing which official signed the message. Ring signatures are right for this application because the anonymity of a ring signature cannot be revoked, and because the group for a ring signature can be improvised (requires no prior setup). Application to Monero A ring signature makes use of your account keys and a number of public keys (also known as outputs) pulled from the blockchain using a triangular distribution method. Over the course of time, past outputs could be used multiple times to form possible signer participants. In a “ring” of possible signers, all ring members are equal and valid. There is no way an outside observer can tell which of the possible signers in a signature group belongs to your account. So, ring signatures ensure that transaction outputs are untraceable. Moreover, there are no fungibility issues with Monero given that every transaction output has plausible deniability (e.g. the network can not tell which outputs are spent or unspent). To read how Monero gives you privacy by default (unlinkability), see stealth addresses. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, Upbit, Binance, CoinEx, Exmo, Mercatox, B2BX, Bitlish, BuyBitcoin, TradeOgre, BTC-Alpha, Qryptos, Gate.io, Cryptomate, Abucoins, Bithumb, Bitfinex, Vebitcoin, Coinroom, LiteBit.eu, Braziliex, Bisq, Coinut, Tux Exchange, Poloniex, Kraken, HitBTC, BTC Trade UA, Bitbns, OKEx, Trade Satoshi, SouthXchange, Bittrex, Ovis, Exrates, Crex24, Livecoin, Coinbe, Cryptox and BuyUcoin. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.