Headlines about Tronox (NYSE:TROX) have trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. The research group rates the sentiment of media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Tronox earned a coverage optimism score of 0.22 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media stories about the company an impact score of 46.6301999299164 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the immediate future.
These are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern’s scoring:
- Tronox (TROX) Receives Statement of Objections from the EC Regarding Cristal TiO2 Acquisition Agreement – StreetInsider.com (streetinsider.com)
- BRIEF-Tronox Receives Statement Of Objections From European Commission Regarding Cristal Tio2 Acquisition (reuters.com)
- Tronox Receives Statement of Objections from the European Commission Regarding the Cristal TiO2 Acquisition Agreement (finance.yahoo.com)
- Notable Indicators to Study Before Making Any Investment Decision – Tronox Limited (NYSE: TROX) – Stocks Pen (stockspen.com)
- Barclays Reiterates “Overweight” Rating for Tronox (TROX) (americanbankingnews.com)
TROX stock opened at $18.73 on Wednesday. The stock has a market cap of $2,358.59, a P/E ratio of -7.80, a P/E/G ratio of 2.88 and a beta of 3.21. Tronox has a 12-month low of $12.88 and a 12-month high of $28.40. The company has a current ratio of 7.58, a quick ratio of 6.22 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 3.08.
Several brokerages have recently commented on TROX. ValuEngine upgraded shares of Tronox from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating in a research report on Thursday, February 15th. Barclays restated an “overweight” rating on shares of Tronox in a research report on Monday, March 12th.
Tronox Company Profile
Tronox Limited produces and markets titanium bearing mineral sands and titanium dioxide (TiO2) pigment in North America, Europe, South Africa, and the Asia-Pacific region. It primarily operates in two segments, TiO2 and Alkali. The TiO2 segment engages in the exploration, mining, and beneficiation of mineral sands deposits.
Receive News & Ratings for Tronox Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Tronox and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.