Steem Dollars (CURRENCY:SBD) traded down 16.5% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on March 7th. In the last week, Steem Dollars has traded 20.2% lower against the dollar. Steem Dollars has a market cap of $24.67 million and $8.37 million worth of Steem Dollars was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Steem Dollars coin can currently be purchased for $2.32 or 0.00028388 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, OpenLedger DEX, Tidex and HitBTC.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 11.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,210.22 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 12.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $933.72 or 0.11441100 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 16% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.14 or 0.00026262 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 13.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.14 or 0.00038511 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 8.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $76.46 or 0.00936898 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Peercoin (PPC) traded 13.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.88 or 0.00023012 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 14.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $14.08 or 0.00172501 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.68 or 0.00020600 BTC.
Steem Dollars Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Steem Backed Dollars or simply Steem Dollars are stable value pegged assets issued in the Steem.it platform. SBD are pegged to the value of the USD and can be redeemed on the Steem.it platform for about one dollar worth of Steem. When Content creators receive rewards on the Steem.it platform they are made available in 50% Steem Power, which can be redeemed continuously over a period of 104 weeks, and 50% SBD which can be fully redeemed for Steem in a 5 day period. SBD can also be transfered on the Steem Platform and can be exchanged outside of the Platform. “
Buying and Selling Steem Dollars
Steem Dollars can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tidex, Bittrex, HitBTC, OpenLedger DEX and Poloniex. It is not presently possible to buy Steem Dollars directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem Dollars must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Steem Dollars using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Steem Dollars Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Steem Dollars and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.