Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of MKS Instruments (NASDAQ: MKSI) in the last few weeks:
- 2/6/2018 – MKS Instruments was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $119.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Over the last month, MKS Instruments’ shares have outperformed the industry. The company reported better-than-expected fourth-quarter 2017 results. Quarterly adjusted earnings of $1.71 per share surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.62. The company believes the strong semiconductor business, the Newport Corporation buyout, sturdy demand for innovative products and superior customer relationships will boost its near-term results. In addition, it remains on track to deleverage its balance sheet and reduce interest expenses. Also, implementation of localization strategy would likely boost up near-term competency.”
- 2/4/2018 – MKS Instruments had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Dougherty & Co.
- 2/2/2018 – MKS Instruments had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 2/2/2018 – MKS Instruments was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – MKS Instruments had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $133.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/20/2018 – MKS Instruments was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/11/2018 – MKS Instruments was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of MKS Instruments, Inc. (NASDAQ:MKSI) opened at $110.00 on Tuesday. MKS Instruments, Inc. has a 1-year low of $64.45 and a 1-year high of $111.95. The company has a quick ratio of 3.06, a current ratio of 4.21 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.25. The firm has a market capitalization of $5,972.40, a P/E ratio of 17.86, a P/E/G ratio of 1.09 and a beta of 1.04.
MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI) last posted its earnings results on Wednesday, January 31st. The scientific and technical instruments company reported $1.71 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.63 by $0.08. MKS Instruments had a return on equity of 22.51% and a net margin of 17.70%. The firm had revenue of $512.00 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $500.22 million. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $1.05 EPS. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 26.4% on a year-over-year basis. analysts predict that MKS Instruments, Inc. will post 7.6 earnings per share for the current year.
In other news, Director Elizabeth Mora sold 300 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, December 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $94.10, for a total transaction of $28,230.00. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Also, VP Brian Charles Quirk sold 2,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, February 5th. The shares were sold at an average price of $105.10, for a total value of $210,200.00. Following the sale, the vice president now owns 11,863 shares in the company, valued at $1,246,801.30. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last quarter, insiders have sold 31,239 shares of company stock valued at $3,080,198. Corporate insiders own 1.65% of the company’s stock.
MKS Instruments, Inc is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measures, controls, powers, delivers, monitors and analyzes critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes. The Company operates through two segments, including the Vacuum & Analysis segment and the Light & Motion segment.
Receive News & Ratings for MKS Instruments Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for MKS Instruments Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.