Press coverage about Hovnanian Enterprises (NYSE:HOV) has been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. Accern identifies negative and positive press coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Hovnanian Enterprises earned a media sentiment score of 0.12 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave media stories about the construction company an impact score of 46.1685655173535 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s rankings:
- Niblett, Page on the Importance of Elections in Italy – Presented by: The Aol. On Network (nasdaq.com)
- Form 8-K HOVNANIAN ENTERPRISES For: Jan 16 (streetinsider.com)
- Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV)- Stocks with High Institutional Stake – Wallstreet Investorplace (wallstreetinvestorplace.com)
- K. Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. Announces Expiration of Consent Solicitation for Its 2024 Notes and Extension of … – GlobeNewswire (press release) (globenewswire.com)
- K. Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. Announces Expiration of Consent Solicitation for Its 2024 Notes and Extension of Expiration Date and Amendment for the Consent Solicitation for Its 2022 Notes (finance.yahoo.com)
HOV has been the topic of several research analyst reports. MKM Partners downgraded Hovnanian Enterprises from a “neutral” rating to a “sell” rating and set a $1.75 price objective on the stock. in a research report on Friday, December 22nd. ValuEngine raised Hovnanian Enterprises from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a research report on Sunday, December 31st. Three research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating and one has issued a buy rating to the stock. Hovnanian Enterprises presently has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $1.53.
Hovnanian Enterprises (NYSE:HOV) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, December 21st. The construction company reported $0.08 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.02 by $0.06. Hovnanian Enterprises had a negative return on equity of 1.29% and a negative net margin of 13.55%. The business had revenue of $721.70 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $603.90 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.16 EPS. The business’s revenue was down 10.4% compared to the same quarter last year.
Hovnanian Enterprises Company Profile
Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc is a builder of residential homes. The Company designs, constructs, markets and sells single-family detached homes, attached townhomes and condominiums, urban infill and active lifestyle homes in planned residential developments. The Company has two distinct operations: homebuilding and financial services.
Receive News & Ratings for Hovnanian Enterprises Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Hovnanian Enterprises and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.