News stories about RXi Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:RXII) have trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. Accern identifies positive and negative news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. RXi Pharmaceuticals earned a media sentiment score of 0.21 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave media headlines about the biotechnology company an impact score of 46.9449003290826 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next several days.
These are some of the news stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- RXI Pharma (RXII) Announces Research Collaboration with Center for Cancer Immune Therapy at Herlev Hospital – StreetInsider.com (streetinsider.com)
- RXi Pharmaceuticals (RXII) Stock: Gaining On Collaboration (cnafinance.com)
- RXi Pharmaceuticals and the Center for Cancer Immune Therapy at Herlev Hospital Announce Research Collaboration (finance.yahoo.com)
- Notable Volatile Movements: Extreme Networks, Inc., (NASDAQ: EXTR), RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation, (NASDAQ … – Stocks In The News (press release) (tradingnewsnow.com)
- RXI Pharma (RXII) Reports Reports Positive Results with RXI-231 – StreetInsider.com (streetinsider.com)
Shares of RXi Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ RXII) opened at $0.58 on Wednesday. RXi Pharmaceuticals has a twelve month low of $0.32 and a twelve month high of $2.37.
In other news, insider Alexey Eliseev sold 176,800 shares of the stock in a transaction on Thursday, September 7th. The stock was sold at an average price of $0.54, for a total transaction of $95,472.00. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 1,100,931 shares in the company, valued at approximately $594,502.74. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Corporate insiders own 5.71% of the company’s stock.
RXi Pharmaceuticals Company Profile
RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a clinical-stage ribonucleic acid (RNA) interference (RNAi) company developing therapeutics in dermatology and ophthalmology that address unmet medical needs. The Company’s development programs are based on its self-delivering RNAi (sd-rxRNA) platform and Samcyprone, a topical immunomodulator.
Receive News & Ratings for RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.