Press coverage about Cobalt International Energy (NYSE:CIE) has been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm ranks the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Cobalt International Energy earned a daily sentiment score of 0.16 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave headlines about the energy producer an impact score of 46.1873575533846 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the news headlines that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s rankings:
- Cobalt International Energy Outperformed Oil Prices Last Week (finance.yahoo.com)
- BRIEF-Cobalt International Energy Elected to Not Make Interest Payment For Convertible Senior Notes (reuters.com)
- Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CIE) – Is The Stock A Good Investment? – Nasdaq Journal (press release) (nasdaqjournal.com)
- Titivates on Volatility and Performance Measure: Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CIE) – Stock News Stop (stockmarketstop.com)
- Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CIE) – Where Relative Volume Stands? – Alpha Beta Stock (alphabetastock.com)
A number of research analysts have commented on the stock. Zacks Investment Research downgraded shares of Cobalt International Energy from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note on Monday, November 6th. Citigroup restated a “sell” rating on shares of Cobalt International Energy in a research report on Monday, November 6th. Three equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating and three have given a hold rating to the company. The company presently has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $90.67.
Cobalt International Energy Company Profile
Cobalt International Energy, Inc is an independent exploration and production company. The Company has its operations focused in the deepwater United States Gulf of Mexico. The Company also has a non-operated interest in the Diaba Block offshore Gabon in West Africa. The Company’s exploration efforts in the United States Gulf of Mexico has resulted in four oil and natural gas discoveries including the North Platte, Shenandoah, Anchor and Heidelberg fields.
Receive News & Ratings for Cobalt International Energy Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Cobalt International Energy Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.