News articles about TOP Ships (NASDAQ:TOPS) have trended somewhat positive on Friday, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm identifies positive and negative press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. TOP Ships earned a news impact score of 0.10 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave press coverage about the shipping company an impact score of 46.1168254605201 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
These are some of the news stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s rankings:
- Attention Seeking Stock: Top Ships Inc (NASDAQ: TOPS) – Alpha Beta Stock (alphabetastock.com)
- Morning Buzz Top Ships Inc. (NASDAQ:TOPS) – Market Breaking Point (press release) (journalfinance.net)
- Top Ships Inc. (NASDAQ: TOPS) – Active Stock Evaluation – Alpha Beta Stock (alphabetastock.com)
- Top Ships Inc., (NASDAQ: TOPS), Expeditors International of Washington, Inc., (NASDAQ: EXPD), Verizon … – Stocks In The News (press release) (tradingnewsnow.com)
- TOP SHIPS Inc (NASDAQ:TOPS) History Suggests Caution – Stock News Union (blog) (stocknewsunion.com)
Separately, ValuEngine lowered shares of TOP Ships from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a report on Friday, September 1st.
Shares of TOP Ships (NASDAQ:TOPS) traded up $0.03 during mid-day trading on Friday, reaching $0.57. 36,704,134 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 2,467,678. TOP Ships has a 52-week low of $0.32 and a 52-week high of $89,100.00. The company has a current ratio of 0.28, a quick ratio of 0.25 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.22.
About TOP Ships
Top Ships Inc is an international provider of oil, petroleum products and chemicals transportation services. The Company owns and operates eco medium range (MR) tanker vessels focusing on the transportation of crude oil, petroleum products (clean and dirty) and bulk liquid chemicals. The Company’s fleet includes over two chartered-in 50,000 deadweight ton (dwt) product/chemical tankers vessels, the Motor Tanker (M/T) Stenaweco Energy and the M/T Stenaweco Evolution; approximately two 39,000 dwt product/chemical tankers vessels, the M/T Eco Fleet and the M/T Eco Revolution, and over two 50,000 dwt product/chemical tankers scheduled for delivery from Hyundai Dockyard.
Receive News & Ratings for TOP Ships Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for TOP Ships Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.