News headlines about XBiotech (NASDAQ:XBIT) have been trending somewhat positive on Wednesday, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern ranks the sentiment of media coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. XBiotech earned a media sentiment score of 0.19 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave press coverage about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.1126831360811 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news stories that may have impacted Accern’s rankings:
- Stocks Under Scanner in the Biotech Space — Acorda Therapeutics, Advaxis, Xbiotech, and Akebia Therapeutics – Markets Insider (markets.businessinsider.com)
- XBiotech Announces Presentation of Phase 2 Study Data Evaluating MABp1 for the Treatment of Hidradenitis … – Markets Insider (markets.businessinsider.com)
- XBiotech Inc. (XBIT) registers a price change of -0.40% while AtriCure, Inc. (ATRC) finishes with a flow of -0.44% – Stocks Gallery (stocksgallery.com)
- Indicator Watch on Shares of XBiotech Inc (XBIT) – Bulletin News (orobulletin.com)
- XBiotech Inc. (NASDAQ:XBIT) Trading Volume Significantly Higher – Modern Readers (modernreaders.com)
Several research analysts have issued reports on the stock. Stifel Nicolaus upgraded shares of XBiotech from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a report on Saturday, June 3rd. Zacks Investment Research upgraded shares of XBiotech from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $10.00 target price on the stock in a report on Saturday, May 20th. Finally, ValuEngine cut shares of XBiotech from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating in a report on Saturday, June 10th.
Shares of XBiotech (NASDAQ:XBIT) opened at 4.60 on Wednesday. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $4.73 and its 200 day moving average is $9.03. The stock’s market capitalization is $162.93 million. XBiotech has a 52-week low of $2.77 and a 52-week high of $20.18.
XBiotech Company Profile
XBiotech Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in discovering and developing True Human monoclonal antibodies for treating a range of different diseases. It focuses on its lead product candidate, Xilonix (MABp1), which is derived from a natural human immune response.
Receive News & Ratings for XBiotech Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for XBiotech Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.